Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's Been A While

Well it has been a while since I have posted and a lot has happened. I keep trying to post but I want to make sure its a worthwhile post, so now I sit at home with a horrible virus and thought I would try to spend a few minutes blizoggin.



So March was a pretty sweet month, I found out I will be back at the GTI next year, and I'm really excited, I have the best students and look forward to getting to know more of them and working closely with the ones I already have. In speaking about my students we recently competed in the SkillsUSA Utah Championship. My 3d students won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd not an easy task, also all of the other students I had compete got no less than 4th place. It was pretty awesome. A few might remember that I did SkillsUSA in high school. I remember that Johnny G once called me in June after I graduated and I was at Copper Hills working on my contest, he says "Rodger you graduated what are you doing at school" I didn't really have an answer other than that I wanted to win gold at nationals. I never did win gold but I can live vicariously through my students (whom have a very good chance of winning nationals).

So I thought I had more to say but Im getting pretty light headed. Stupid Virus. I'll post more later but I'll end with and sweet picture of Emma rockin out. That's right she's punk rock.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah she's way punk rock...you're teaching her right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And look at you still... We graduated like 8 years ago and you are still doing high school. Ha ha. But I don't judge; I think its awesome.

    ReplyDelete